The World Kite Museum & Hall of Fame is dedicated to the thrill, art, science, sport, and history of kites worldwide.
The museum’s exhibits and educational events introduce the kite as a multicultural art, in celebrations, modern day design, pulling power and application to energy production.
The museum houses artifacts, archives and displays in a 10,350 sq. ft. two-story facility.
- President – Blaine Walker, 42nd St Café
- Vice President/Treasurer – Jim Sayce, Washington State Historical Society
- Secretary – Sherry Hash, Key Bank
- Robyn Unruh, Long Beach Peninsula Visitor’s Bureau
- Merry Scharfe, Bank of the Pacific
- Linda Kaino, Ocean Beach Hospital
- Lance Ford, Kite Flyer & Hospital Technician
- Jane Holeman, Washington State International Kite Festival
Staff & Consultants:
- Kay Buesing, Executive Director
- Holli Kemmer, Deveolpment/Events Director
- Patty Rolfe, Business Administrator/Store Manager
- Pamela Hagen, Part-Time Office Clerk
- Kathy Vinzant, Bookkeeper
- beachdog.com, Webmaster
- Jeanne Nitzel, Exhibit Narrative Boards
- Mary Yoshimi, Education & Programming Assistant
- Jane Holeman, Hall of Fame
How the Museum is Managed
A 501 c 3 non-profit organization, the World Kite Museum and Hall of Fame is governed by a Board of Directors, which meets the third Monday of each month