2010 Poster Guidelines
- Entries are to be delivered to World Kite Museum at 303 Sid Snyder Drive, Long Beach, Washington 360-642-4020.
- Entries must be delivered between the dates of March 6, 2010 and March 14, 2010, during regular business hours. The Museum is open Friday through Tuesday, 11-5. The information sheet must be completed and attached to the entry.
- Judging will be completed by March 25, 2010. The artist is responsible for picking up his/her artwork after this date and before April 1st.
- Limited edition printing will consist of 350 posters to be signed and numbered by the artist. Printing and proofing will be the responsibility of the kite festival poster committee. It is the artist’s responsibility to sign and number the prints as soon as they are received from the printer.
- The Artist will receive 15 non-numbered posters which are not to be available for sale until after the Kite Festival.
- The artist will receive a royalty of $1,000 payable within 30 days of completion of all signing and numbering of posters. An additional payment of $4.00 per poster sold will be paid by September 15th and the final payment by December 31st.
- Previous winners are excluded from entering the competition for a period of four years.
- Artwork shall be no larger than:
- 30 inches wide by 15 inches high for horizontal entries
- 15 inches wide by 30 inches high for vertical entries.
- (An approximate 2” border will be added later on the left, right and top and about a 5 inch border will be added to the bottom for the title block. Artwork need not include the title block as part of the art). It is preferred that the art work be unframed.
- Artwork shall be no smaller than 11 inches by 14 inches.
GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY YOUR WORK!