We’ve received many calls and messages about the fate of WSIKF 2020. After much discussion and assessment of the Covid-19 situation, the decision has been made to cancel WSIKF 2020. Pacific County is now entering into Phase II of Washington State’s Phased Approach for reopening our economy. Our event cannot happen until we are in Phase IV, and then Washington State Parks would still need to issue a permit. Even if these phases were to happen immediately, there is not enough time remaining to organize WSIKF. So, folks, let’s all hope and pray for a much better 2021!
Annual Worldwide Event Saturday & Sunday October 13, 2019
One Sky One World, International Kite Fly for Peace is held the second Sunday of October annually, around the globe. Come and fly with us on the Bolstad Approach all weekend. Sign the global register, fly for at least an hour, and receive a special participants pin!
One Sky One World promotes annual activities in concurrence with events in hundreds of locations around the world the second Sunday of October annually utilizing the multi-cultural symbol of the kite and ocean of air that we all share. People are made aware of the kites contribution to cultural history, the arts and sciences through recognition and enjoyment of the kite, its many manifestations and the activity of kite flying as expressed in many nations and regions throughout recorded history. The art and entertainment activities associated with the One Sky One World event, leads community enjoyment, understanding and friendship between people, environmental awareness and promoting world peace.
The Annual One Sky One World International Kite Fly for Peace takes place in hundreds of worldwide locations each year on the second Sunday of October –since 1985.
- 1985: OSOW cover story of Soviet Life Magazine
- 1986: International Press Conference sponsored by Hotel Jerome in Aspen, Colorado
- 1986: Dr. David Schramm, a world leader in theoretical astrophysics from the University of Chicago, a leading authority on the Big-Bang model on the formation of the universe, endorses OSOW
- 1989: OSOW receives Peace Award from the City of Ferrara, Italy
- 1989: Pope John Paul blesses OSOW and all World Kite-Fliers
- 1992: Kites fly in 1st peaceful protest in Tiananmen Square, Beijing, China
- 1996: NASA commemorates OSOW 10th anniversary, takes 1st kite into space on Space Shuttle “Endeavor”
- 1997: Jane Parker-Ambrose first woman admitted into “The Kiting Hall of Fame” at the World Kite Museum along with Ben franklin, Wright Brothers, Domina Jalbert (parafoil), Alexander Graham Bell
- 2000: UNESCO votes to accept OSOW into the DECADE OF NON-VIOLENCE activities
- 2001: The OSOW International Reporting Site is established on the internet by Tomas Jekel of Germany
- 2006: John McConnell, Founder of Earth Day, speaks at One Sky One World in Denver
- 2009: OSOW in Denver is linked live to other OSOW locations around the world via Skype and the internet. Earth Day Founder, John McConnell, at age 94 is linked to worldwide locations.
- 2010: DreamWorks Animation, in celebration of its feature adventure and peace movie, “How to Train Your Dragon”, honors the 25th Anniversary of One Sky One World 2010.
- 2012: Founder of One Sky One World, Mrs. Parker-Ambrose traveled to Paris, France, and was the first person ever recorded to fly a kite off the Eiffel Tower. She flew a kite made by Belgian architect and kite maker, Nest Lernout.
3 Wind, a Kite Lover’s Net
Yao Qingshan, who is from Dalian, China, has been flying kites for over 20 years.
He has mastered both Dual line and Quad line and can achieve flight performance in any wind with precision.
He developed the “3 Wind” kite brand, making
Yao is well-known, well-liked and well-respected to kite lovers both at home and abroad.
“3 Wind” is also a Kite Club, dedicated to sport kiting for over 10 years, leading, in teaching and promoting kites successively in Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Taiwan, India, Singapore, Indonesia and in China’s domestic big kite festivals and championships. He has won with honor many times.
Zhao Liqun, a.k.a. Lily, is the organizer of the Wuhan International Kite Festival.
It is one of the largest and most successful kite festivals in China.
She is also a member of the “3 Wind” Quad line kite team.
Yao Qingshan and Zhao Liqun are a kite couple. Because of kites, they met love.
Together, they are dedicated to flying, performance and sharing their passion by demonstration and training of quad line kites.
Washington State International Kite Festival